1. To attend any new patient (admission) within prescribed time frame
2. To examine & take a proper history of the patient (If he is in a position to give it on his own) or from his relative.
3. Check any previous records, if available.
4. Charts down all the details in the history sheet.
5. Inform the respective consultant about the admission follow his orders.
6. Instruct the nursing staff about the necessary orders to be carried out.
7. If theres a transfer in-patient from the ICU. Read the transfer summary/ clinical notes carefully and act accordingly.
8. Inform the respective consultants whenever seems significant