1. He must finish his morning round before the arrival of the consultants.
2. Morning round begins with checking of all investigations which are asked and suppose to be sent for the day. Facilitate the nursing staffs in sending the reports to Pathology department.
3. Fill all the investigation forms in legible hand writing with proper I.P.D. registration numbers and brief clinical history. One should also mention the probable diagnosis.
4. If a patient is for surgery, look for complete pre-operative check list of the investigation done. Any abnormality must be reported to the operative consultant and anesthetist before hand.
5. Send the patient to OT at least an hour before the schedule surgery with proper shaving and preparation asked. Any delay must be communicated between Operative Surgeon, Anesthetist and OT Staffs.
6. All Blood samples and its components for infusion to patients must be inspected and certified by the him and documented in the patients File.
7. All notes must be entered with mention of proper date and timings in sequence, in patients file.
8. He must take morning and evening round for all the patients.
9. The post operative patients must be seen frequently. Any change in order to be carried out in consultation with operative surgeon. Patients Input Output Chart, Abdominal girth to be checked in person. Do not relay on staff nurse finding or to be copied from their records. No. of days to be mentioned against each antibiotics.
10. No sedation to be advice on phone without proper examination of the patient.
11. The operative surgeon must be informed the condition of his patient in the morning and evening daily. The information should be conveyed to him preferably in his consulting hours.
12. Any investigation asked in emergency must be traced in person from the concern department.
13. Continue all practice is not acceptable. Fresh order to written every day and cross checked with Nursing staffs register.
14. He should not leave the department without giving proper over in person to his colleague.
15. Ward ECG in emergency and Ward dressing will be done by him with the help of Nursing staff.
16. In MLC cases contact the local area Police Station.