1. To provide a continuous on-site medical support service to meet the needs of patients, Service Providers and nursing staff which includes emergency procedures and providing a general service to all clinical areas
2. Clinical Management of Patients.
3. Complete a brief admission examination on each patient when appropriate and document clinical findings.
4. To take care of operated patients as per the prescription of the operating surgeon and under the supervision of the center anaesthetist, that includes vitals, pain and antibiotic management. To take care of fluids being given to patient that includes maintenance of I/O Chart and inform the surgeon/anaesthetist if any abnormality
5. Attend patient rounds with consulting staff, as required, and be available to discuss patient treatment plans.
6. Provide a 24-hour medical service within the hospital on an on-call basis.
7. Inform admitting Service Providers and center anaesthetist of changes in medical condition of patients and of relevant action taken.
8. Follow the instructions of treating Service Providers and center anaesthetist for their specific regime for each individual patient.
9. Perform clinical procedures as requested by Service Provider medical staff and nursing staff, these may include phlebotomy and the giving of intravenous drugs to patients. To know catheterization, RT management, IV management in emergency. To train duty nurses for all these.
10. To know and perform as per requirement intubation (in emergency situations) and know and perform as per requirement CPR.
11. To know basic emergency drugs and use them (under supervision) if needed.
12. To inform the details of investigations in case patient visits the hospital for pre op check up
13. Follow up Service Provider Doctors orders.
14. Write up to take home prescriptions for patients as required.
15. Visit patients as required at the request of the nursing staff.
16. Visit all in-patients daily and document in clinical notes.