Candidate should be
MBBS & DA in Anaesthesia.
Review the Pre-anesthetic assessment and preparation of the patients done by juniors
Provision of clinical anesthesia services in operation theatre both routine and emergency
Supervision of management of post-anesthetic care, including surgical ICU care delivered by juniors such as monitoring including clinical observations, pain relief, fluid therapy, respiratory therapy, adverse effects with may be related to anesthesia, preoperative medical problems
Supervision of paramedical staffs in OT .
Consultative services for pre-anesthetic assessment and management.
To ensure, when relevant, the patient and/or relatives are aware of the outcome and consequences of anesthesia.
Such other clinical services as necessary and appropriate to the specialty.
To provide advisory services in relation to the quality required for the safe practice of anesthesia (including staffing considerations and staff training) to:
1. Hospital Authority
2. Hospital Departments
3. Hospital Clinical management groups
4. Individual hospital staff groups or individuals
Administrative and managerial duties:
1. Provision of a departmental staff roster.
2. Management of leave arrangements within the department
3. Staff development review processes.
4. Provision of regular departmental meetings for news dissemination.
5. Participation in hospital meetings, Hospital Authority meetings, intra-
Educational Duties (SUPERVISION)
2. Anesthesiologists in training
3. Students and nursing staff
4. Operating department assistants
5. Members of all allied health professions when requested.
6. Continuing medical education:
7. Participation in regular weekly departmental educational activities.
8. Regular attendance at/or participation in related scientific conferences
and commissioned training sessions.
Weekly journal reading
Study leave overseas, with attachments to anesthetic institute of
Continuous quality improvement processes
To ensure that the adverse effects which may be related to anesthesia are recognized, manage appropriately and subjected to quality assurance and peer review process
Maintain environment for safe anesthesia practice
Contribute to activities of professional associations.
To undertake or supervise research in anesthesia in an organized manner where appropriate.